Are you on your vacation in Barcelona? Do you like Paella, Spanish dish of saffron rice cooked and served in a wide, shallow iron skillet, spiked with both meat and fish? Would you like to learn how to cook it? Do you want to know all the tricks and tips to create delicious seafood rice? We invite you to join our master class where you can learn it.
Get to know the history and traditions of a proper paella! Like so much of Spain’s best indigenous cooking, there is a hint of the Middle East and North Africa in it, and paella is no different. Rice, of course, has agricultural origins in Asia, not the Iberian Peninsula, so any rice dish, by default, must trace its roots to the east.
In practice today, the word paella refers to the very specific type of pan in which paella is cooked: very wide and very shallow, which exposes a maximum amount of rice to the hot bottom of the pan, to encourage that lovely burnt crisping.
The word paella is also related to paila used in many Latin American countries. Paila in the Spanish language of Latin America refers to a variety of cookware resembling metal and clay pans, which are also used for both cooking and serving.
During our master class you will learn how to prepare, serve or select the best ingredients to produce the best paella. Learn the insights of Mediterranean cuisine with hands-on experience provided by local Chefs. You will feel like home at the premises which are hosted in a creative space at the heart of Barcelona’s historical quarters.
During this master class you will learn
- To cook 4 types of rice
- To prepare a base for paella (fish bullion) for each type of paella
- How to clean seafood and sepia
- Learn some tips to use parts of seafood in different dishes
- To prepare Alioli sauce
Dishes to cook
- Seafood Paella
- Black Rice paella with sauce Alioli
- Rice with a bullion and shrimps
- Risotto with season ingredients
- Local desert “Crema Catalana”
Master Class Conditions
- Minimum account of participants 4 people (maximum 12)
- Duration: 2h30 cooking + around 1 h lunch/ dinner
- Master Classes are completely practical, and no previous knowledge is required
- The price includes: master class, lunch or dinner with beverages, practical materials, all kitchen ware necessary for cooking
- ATENTION: The cancelation master class is possible with a previous notification before 72 hours.
From 90 € per person * the price depends on seasonality