You are celebrating your destination wedding in Mallorca, but you know it is not only going to be a round-trip and you are not going to go there just to celebrate your wedding in Mallorca, but also spend a few days on this island with crystal-clear waters, impressive caves, mountains, a cultural heritage and spectacular nature.
Mallorca is the main island and the biggest one of the Balearic Islands, as well as one of the most visited by a huge number of tourists every year for its great work offer and its pleasant climate.
Below, we will offer you a list of places to visit and activities to do. We can already assure you you will be dazzled and will want to fly to the island straight away.
- Visit the capital: Palma de Mallorca, walk through the historical center which features well-conserved time houses and corners which remind us of the Balearic presence, just like the townhall and the Almudaina’s Mallorcan architecture. But if something stands out from the rest, it is the cathedral, also in a Mallorcan architecture and with its majestic stained-glass windows that let the light come in, full of colors.
- Visit the Trinity Chapel, go through the Puerta del Mirador and dive into the art and culture of the Gothic Museum which hosts the Cathedral, and let yourself be impressed by the gothic architecture of the Mediterranean in one of the most important monuments for the Mallorcan people.
- Try the typical gastronomy. You cannot leave the island without trying its typical dessert: the ensaimadas. Eat it along with sugar, flour and any of its specialties (custard, cream, almond ice-cream, or any other filling you like). We are sure that this is already watering your mouth!
- Climb up to the castle, an unmissable visit since it is one of the few castles in the world with a circular shape and the oldest in all Europe, and features unbelievable sights. The Castillo de Bellver has a gothic style and is surrounded by the forest in which you will find a museum that retraces the city’s history.
- Head for the mountain! Ready to explore the Northern area? Go deep into the Serra de Tramuntana, deep in nature and among the various charming small villages where you can take pictures of the stone houses and its picturesque streets. And most importantly: breathe fresh air and enjoy the peace and tranquility.
- Enter the cave of one of the most touristic places in Mallorca, the Cuevas del Drach, the most spectacular ever visited and full of stalactites and stalagmites. You will even find a huge subterranean lake and classical music concerts of musicians in boats playing in the cave and making it their own resonance box.
- Time to dive into the coves of Mallorca. With their easy access, they are ideal to relax and have a good time. Crystal-clear turquoise waters in the middle of nature where you can enjoy the sun rays and refresh yourself. Did you know you can even explore them on a quad?
- Get to know the rest of the Balearic Islands taking a ferry to Ibiza or Menorca to know more about this Balearic environment and enjoy a nice boat ride among the Mediterranean waters.
- Visit Alcudia, with its walls, its historical buildings or its castle. A city with a medieval layout in the purest roman style, with a fabulous old town with stately homes that managed to keep the charm of the olden times and which also features paradise beaches, a multitude of souvenirs shops and restaurants.
- Take a walk through the luxury marina where glamour is guaranteed and where, if you are lucky, you will be able to see a celebrity going through the various luxury brand boutiques and yachts.
- Take a break at the end of the day, surely all these activities will have open your appetite! Try a gastronomy that has been existing for centuries and reflects the history of the island, as well as its climate through the island’s herbal liquor, Mallorcan soup and sausage, almond milk or the palo, a typical dish from the island.
So yes, Mallorca fulfills all your expectations and is the ideal place to, in addition to celebrating your wedding, organize your honeymoon and spend a little time as a tourist in some of the favorite European destinations. Are you still thinking about it?