The Royal Tapestry Factory is one Madrid’s most emblematic buildings. It is found right in the centre of the capital, only a few minutes away from the famous Atocha Station and is very close to the Reina Sofía Museum and the Thyssen Museum.
As well as its incredible location, the building has been declared as an Official Asset of Cultural Interest for its impressive neo-Mudejar style. It was founded in 1721 by King Felipe V, and since it was put into use in the 17th century, it has always been considered a great material link between artisanal tradition and contemporary design.
Weddings and Events
The Royal Tapestry Factory has all the necessary commodities to celebrate any type of Madrid wedding or event. It has 5 pittoresque rooms and a beautiful garden that has been completely renovated situated inside the actual Factory, perfect for celebrating a cocktail reception or a party after the banquet.
Amongst its impressive rooms, the ones that really stand out are:
-The Goya Room: the most versatile room of the building with its own independent entrance. An area that can be decorated to the guests’ tastes.
-The Bayeu Room: Ideal for continuing the artistic theme of the venue with the rugs and tapestries that are there.
-The Rafael Mengs Room: Can be accessed from the Goya Room and has a beautiful garden.
-The Teniers Room: An open space with a huge area for celebrating a big event or wedding, with wooden ceilings and incredible views.
- What sort of events can be organised at the venue?: Corporate and private events
- Menu price per person: from €19 to €150 , depending on the menu selected (cocktail, sat down meal, etc)
- Do you have your own kitchen? What sort of food do you serve?: Traditional market food, food typical of the region, independent cuisine, international cuisine, fusion cuisine…
- Do you have accommodation?: No.
- How many rooms do you have? (If you have accommodation): None.
- Number of guests: from 100 to 700 people
- What is the surplus charge if the minimum number of guests is not reached? There is no surplus charge, there are certain things that are included and certain things that are not, depending on the number of guests.
- Can a symbolic ceremony be organised? How much does it cost?: Yes, depending on what the client asks for.
- Do the celebrations have to finish at a certain time?: Yes.
- Do you celebrate more than one event a day?: No.
- Do you have an exclusive photographer/florist or exclusive music? Only a disco
- How is the payment made? To be decided with the client
- Do you have disabled access? Yes
- Do you accept pets? No.
How to get to the Royal Tapestry Factory
The Royal Tapestry Factory is situated in the centre of Madrid, only 8 minutes away from the Atocha Station, and is very close to the Reina Sofía Museum and the Prado Museum.
- Latitude: 40º 24’ 20.762’’
- Longitude: 3º 40’’ 56.629’’
- Altitude: 609 metros
- Madrid emblematic building
- madrid espacio eventos
- madrid venues
- Madrid wedding venue
- MICE venue
- Royal Tapestry Factory
- Wedding venue