La Cartuja de Ara Christi Monastery, located in Valencia, was built in the 17th century and declared a Property of Cultural Interest, turning it into one of the most exclusive places in the region to celebrate any type of event or social outing.
La Cartuja de Ara Christi is managed by Gourmet Catering & Espacios who, with an extensive team of professionals, have been able to convert this venue into a benchmark for this area.
The complex is surrounded by a fully landscaped garden and six exclusive areas inside which are perfectly adapted to the clients’ tastes and needs.
Weddings and Events
Amongst all the facilities that La Cartuja has to offer, one that really stands out is the old Casa del Prior. It has different rooms that allow the newlyweds and the guests to be able to stay there without the need to travel after the ceremony.
Amongst its main venues, those that stand out are:
-The Front Garden
A majestic garden of classic design, surrounded by grass and century-old palm trees.
With an area covering 10000 m², civil weddings and banquets can take place outdoors.
The Carthusian Monks’ old dining room takes up 250 m². It has the capacity for 250 people.
The inner cloister takes up 400m² and 250 m² in its ambulatories. It still has one of its original wells.
-The Room of Mirrors
This is a unique area, it’s an old church belonging to the Carthusian Monks. It hasn’t been fully refurbished, but it does have a renovated aesthetic.
-The Uncovered Cloister
The second cloister has a characteristic blue dome of the church; this is an ideal piece of architecture for celebrations in the summery evenings. It has a capacity for 350 people.
-The Hotel Garden
This area contains one of the old orchards that used to be a part of each of the houses; perfect for celebrating an aperitif or cocktail.
- What type of event can be celebrated in the venue? Exclusive weddings and cooperative events.
- Rental price: High season price is €2500 + VAT
- Menu price per person: from €124 + VAT (includes aperitif + menu + open bar)
- Do you have your own kitchen? What type of food do you serve? Yes, we do have our own kitchen. We serve Mediterranean type food.
- Do you have accomodation? Yes.
- How many rooms do you have? 8 rooms.
- Number of guests allowed: 400 seated guests and up to 1000 guests for cocktails.
- What is the surplus charge if the minimum number of guests is not reached? During the high season: €35 + VAT until 200 guests are reached. During the mid season: €12 euros per person until 200 guests are reached.
- When do the celebrations have to end? The celebrations can go on until 06:00 am.
- Do you celebrate more than one event a day? No
- Do you have an exclusive photographer/musician/florist? We have exclusive music, an exclusive florist and recommended photographers.
- How is the payment made? Via bank transfer.
- Do you have access for the handicapped? Yes
- Do you accept pets? No
How to get to La Cartuja de Ara Christi
La Cartuja de Ara Christi is located on the Carretera de Barcelona, in the town of El Puig, close to the city of Valencia.
Latitude: 39º 35’ 19.32’’
Longitude: 18’ 11.88’’
Altitude: 16 metres